10 best games like Dordle
The simple word game Letter Boxed can be played in any web browser. It's just the right amount of hard because it involves logic, planning, and remembering. There are 12 different letters around a box in each puzzle. You just have to put those letters together to make words.
The trick is that each word after the first must start with the same letter that ended the word before it. This means that if you start with "finder," your next word must start with "R." Then, keep going until you've used each of the 12 letters at least once. You get five chances to use every letter.
How to Take Part
You now know what the main goal of the NYT Inbox is. So, let's look at the rules of the game to see how you'll get there. How likely you are to win the Mailbox depends on how well you know the rules.
- Find your first word to start the game. To choose a letter, click or tap on it. The Mailbox game will then draw a line between the letters you chose.
- You can't choose a letter from the same side of the box as the last letter you chose when making your word. You have to walk along one of the other three sides.
- If you want, you can use the same letter more than once in a word.
- There is no limit on how long a word can be, but it must have at least three letters.
- For each word you find, the first letter of the next word you make must be the last letter of the previous word.
You must finish the box in five turns or less. When you get to the fourth or fifth turn, you may realize you can't make it. If you get to that point, press the "Clear" button under the puzzle box several times. You can do the same thing on a computer by pressing "backspace" on the keyboard.
By pressing that button, you will delete the previous letter you played. But if you keep typing, it will start to delete the last word. This means that you can go back in time as many times as you want. It can be hard, but you might do your best to go back to square (or boxy).